Texas Drift Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

april 26, 2009 mineral wells drift event, anaheim practice course..... SO RAD

Go down

april 26, 2009 mineral wells drift event, anaheim practice course..... SO RAD Empty april 26, 2009 mineral wells drift event, anaheim practice course..... SO RAD

Post  ritz Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:28 am

april 26, 2009 mineral wells drift event, anaheim practice course..... SO RAD April09
Here comes the D1GP USA season! So far we have qualified 7 people to drive in the D1GP series from Texas. I think everyone agrees the people that made it were worthy and will represent Texas well. Now, it is time to get some seat time on the track layout before the event. I don't know of any other region that will be doing this in advance of the upcoming D1 event, so this should be some nice practice.

This is also the SO-RAD series opener. There will be a competition, and with it we will send the top 8-12 drivers of the entire series out to some amazing track somewhere to have a great time and meet everyone else around the nation. The series on our side here in Texas will be about 4-5 events long, and will have drivers accumulating points so they can be sent on to the finals. If someone can't go, we will just scoot the next person up the list into a position to head out there. The track will hopefully be Summit Point or VIR. Both of those are amazing world class tracks, Stew and Russell got to drive VIR, they should chime in about it. This series isn't about who is the best, or anything like that, but about who drives the most, who has the best attitude, who is a nice person to be around, and just getting along with everyone and learning, tandeming, driving. We will just be getting together at the end and hanging out with like minded good drivers in the end game. There may be neat prizes and stuff along the way, that will be announced as we go.

Remember everyone needs a helmet!

Arrive and be ready by 9:30 am.
Drivers meeting starts at 9:45, track goes hot directly after that.
There will be two track setups again, with the smaller track being user changed and constructed throughout the day. That means you guys can change the small course as much as you want, to practice whatever you want.
We will drive until around 5:30 or so.

Ineedtires on this FM is kind enough to help out tires at the event for some lucky 5 lug people, just find his user name on this site and pm him.
Photos will be taken and hosted on FM by Norm, click the pirate. He takes great photos and lets me put them up on FM, thanks guys!
We will probably be shooting a cool vid at this event, which like normal, thousands of people will see! If your rad enough, you can get in it and have thousands of viewers see you in action!

If anyone wants some personal instruction ask me at the event, I would love to help you out.

And on a very last note. Competition is for mature people who can have fun and learn at our events. I will explain the judging criteria more thoroughly at the next event, so people know why other people are loosing or winning rounds. The judges know their stuff out here, WAY better than most of the people driving or watching. There is no need to be rude to them or think you are getting robbed of something. Most likely you just don't know what is going on, or you are too involved in the driving to see the whole picture. We DO know what we are doing. I have been working very hard lately to promote drifting and make it bigger in Texas. Less than a year ago it was on the ropes and seemed like it was ready to die in Texas. Houston lost its events. Our area was pulling about 10-12 drivers at a time. Lately we have been pulling 3 times that amount, with a few hundred spectators. Some small shops have been coming out and are picking up drivers for small sponsorships. Vendors are coming on board to help with the events by providing prize money. We picked up a cool little sound system to announce with and provide background music. We are getting more equipment like cones and banners out there. We are getting more video equipment to promote our drivers through the web. We have thousands of pictures hosted on the site for our drivers. Neat things are happening out here, and hopefully we can keep up the momentum to launch some drivers onto the national scene. Wrecked magazine ran a bunch of little blog entries about our guys and videos out here. Please try to have a good attitude about Texas drifting and help me push it forward into something great. Hopefully if attendance stays up we will be drifting out at MSR by 2010!

Here is a link to the home post on this topic, back at the source.

http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=703.msg8139#msg8139
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Number of posts : 997
Registration date : 2008-09-15

http://www.myspace.com/r_i_t_z

Back to top Go down

april 26, 2009 mineral wells drift event, anaheim practice course..... SO RAD Empty Re: april 26, 2009 mineral wells drift event, anaheim practice course..... SO RAD

Post  ritz Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 pm

k, so who's goin?
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Number of posts : 997
Registration date : 2008-09-15

http://www.myspace.com/r_i_t_z

Back to top Go down