Texas Drift Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic

+2
s14
TandemHero
6 posters

Go down

Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic Empty Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic

Post  TandemHero Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic Feb09flyer

Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic Anaheim468x60
Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic Anaheim300x250

Yes you heard it right, our Feb 22 Mineral Wells event is going to be a chance to get your 2009 provisional D1 License, so you can go drive with the pros from Japan and the USA! OMG, really? REALLY!!!! So basically if you place top 4 in this event's competition, you will be granted a provisional license you take to one of the 4 big D1GP USA events and drive! Of course you will need to get your car up to snuff with tech and such, but this is neat stuff. You get to drive with the pros and try to get into the tandem rounds with them!

A few key notes, the competition will start in the afternoon whenever I feel its time to start, probably around 2ish. Gates open as early as you want to get there. Practice will be all morning, starting at 10 am sharp. Gates close just before 6.

The competition will be tandem, this is going to be a serious fight for these licenses, I can think of 6-8 people with heavily prepped and caged cars that will be there. Probably people from out of state too. If you want to see how you stack up, come on out. If you just want to practice with these great drivers, and get tips, come out and practice in the morning.

Judging will be by 2 D1 licensed drivers..... Don't get too excited, you already know these people. They aren't Japanese lol.

Absolutely no one drives without a helmet. Typical tech applies, all your lugnuts, battery tie down, working car with oil and gas in it. ALL CONVERTIBLE CARS NEED A CAGE TO TANDEM. If you have a race suit, gloves, etc, I suggest you bring them for fun and wear them. It pays to look professional down the line, but you don't have to have these things. But the pictures and media will be sent back to D1 and will be used on their site.

Entry fee for this event will be 50 dollars, or if you have a season pass, your already covered. This event is 10 dollars more than normal because it is taking alot more prep work and money to host it. Spectators will be charged a nominal charge to get in the gate, 3 dollars, to help take the cost of the event off of the drivers. Spectator charge will be just for D1 Qualifier events, not normal practice days.

TandemHero

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic Empty Re: Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic

Post  s14 Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:46 pm

I'll be there.
s14
s14
Epic Fail
Epic Fail

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-09-14

http://www.myspace.com/bmwstrrcr

Back to top Go down

Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic Empty Re: Feb 22 drifting at mineral wells. This is going to be epic

Post  ritz Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 pm

im goin to this one.
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Number of posts : 997
Registration date : 2008-09-15

http://www.myspace.com/r_i_t_z

Back to top Go down

Post  AEZ31 Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 am

yeah ill be there for sure. Sounds like its goin to be pretty big.
AEZ31
AEZ31
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  s14 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Are we all meeting up before going out to mineral wells like last time?
s14
s14
Epic Fail
Epic Fail

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-09-14

http://www.myspace.com/bmwstrrcr

Back to top Go down

Post  sliding_josh27 Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Im There i live 30 mins from MW.
sliding_josh27
sliding_josh27
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-25

http://www.marketamerica.com/joshnjess

Back to top Go down

Post  S14Tan Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Let's meet at triwerks!!!
S14Tan
S14Tan
Grip Or Die
Grip Or Die

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://myspace.com/s14tan

Back to top Go down

Post  ritz Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:37 am

i wont be able to make this one, i fly back to texas on the day of this event, so if you guys take plenty of pics and a vid here and there i would greatly appreciate it.
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Number of posts : 997
Registration date : 2008-09-15

http://www.myspace.com/r_i_t_z

Back to top Go down

Post  TandemHero Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 pm

tan will you bring a cam and help me put together a vid of my car in action?

TandemHero

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down