Texas Drift Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyline gtr warranty void?

3 posters

Go down

Skyline gtr warranty void? Empty Skyline gtr warranty void?

Post  s14 Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:45 am

Note: This was copy and pasted from 240forum.com I take no credit in this story

Browsing out and about on the Internet one comes across some pretty interesting posts from time to time. Fast forward to this morning. As I was reading my favorite leading automotive publication about the secret recorder (black box) Nissan installs in every vehicle to keep track of user behavior it hit me. What if they knew how many times I’ve stepped on the gas close to redline? Or how many times I’ve hit the redline in the past week or so. Is that grounds for warranty cancellation? How do I disable it? Hammer time?

One poor soul in Florida is out about $20k it seems because of the lack of support from Nissan for their new GT-R. The whole automotive community is shocked how Nissan could let this happen. It seems if you disable VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) and launch the vehicle, you will be treated to a nasty suprise that might set you back $20k. The post below is from the owner:

I was driving my gtr two weeks ago and I heard a loud noise coming from the rear. I turned immediately had my gtr towed to crown nissan st. petersburg fl. They didn’t touch my car only called some techs from tennessee to look at the car and record the noise, 4 days later two guys from japan to download some info from the car then left. Then I get a call from the dealer to tell me the news, and they told me that the car was driven without vdc too much and nissan will not warranty the transmission which they said was destroyed, I asked them how much to fix it they told me 20k, no freaking way I will pay 20k on top of what i just paid for the car. I called the gtr number and also talked to nissan consumer affairs got nowhere, now the car is sitting at the dealer. I know we shouldn’t launch the car but why own it if you cant use this function, don’t sell a car that goes 0-60 in 3.4 sec if the only way you can achieve this speed is to void the warranty , false advertising. Here is the bad news people were fearing it has happened to me and Nissan has told me there are already three people in my shoes, if you are one of these people email me, we have got to get together on this. Just think if any of you guys have taken the vdc off just a few times you have already voided your warranty, good luck what a joke nissan.
s14
s14
Epic Fail
Epic Fail

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-09-14

http://www.myspace.com/bmwstrrcr

Back to top Go down

Skyline gtr warranty void? Empty Re: Skyline gtr warranty void?

Post  ritz Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 am

s14 wrote:Note: This was copy and pasted from 240forum.com I take no credit in this story

Browsing out and about on the Internet one comes across some pretty interesting posts from time to time. Fast forward to this morning. As I was reading my favorite leading automotive publication about the secret recorder (black box) Nissan installs in every vehicle to keep track of user behavior it hit me. What if they knew how many times I’ve stepped on the gas close to redline? Or how many times I’ve hit the redline in the past week or so. Is that grounds for warranty cancellation? How do I disable it? Hammer time?

One poor soul in Florida is out about $20k it seems because of the lack of support from Nissan for their new GT-R. The whole automotive community is shocked how Nissan could let this happen. It seems if you disable VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) and launch the vehicle, you will be treated to a nasty suprise that might set you back $20k. The post below is from the owner:

I was driving my gtr two weeks ago and I heard a loud noise coming from the rear. I turned immediately had my gtr towed to crown nissan st. petersburg fl. They didn’t touch my car only called some techs from tennessee to look at the car and record the noise, 4 days later two guys from japan to download some info from the car then left. Then I get a call from the dealer to tell me the news, and they told me that the car was driven without vdc too much and nissan will not warranty the transmission which they said was destroyed, I asked them how much to fix it they told me 20k, no freaking way I will pay 20k on top of what i just paid for the car. I called the gtr number and also talked to nissan consumer affairs got nowhere, now the car is sitting at the dealer. I know we shouldn’t launch the car but why own it if you cant use this function, don’t sell a car that goes 0-60 in 3.4 sec if the only way you can achieve this speed is to void the warranty , false advertising. Here is the bad news people were fearing it has happened to me and Nissan has told me there are already three people in my shoes, if you are one of these people email me, we have got to get together on this. Just think if any of you guys have taken the vdc off just a few times you have already voided your warranty, good luck what a joke nissan.

haha thats fucked up, way to go nissan
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Number of posts : 997
Registration date : 2008-09-15

http://www.myspace.com/r_i_t_z

Back to top Go down

Post  SubSonic Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:18 am

Old thread. yeah I know, but it's not revival it's still on top haha.

As far as Nissan goes they will continually try to fuck you until you claim legal action. Which is just stupid and unethical, it shouldn't take the threat of legal action on a company for them to fix what they are supposed to fix in the first place.

Like my last car, pre-cat went out at 59,960 (warranty over @60,000) Took it to the stealership and I said that it sounded like the pre-cat went out, the motor is probably gone, could you do an oil burn test? They wouldn't. All they did was fix the pre-cat and say... we know of no other issue GTFO. So I left, realized it was burning oil and brought it back, I being nice but that got me no where so I bitched at them until they agreed to test it. After 500 miles of showing them it was in fact burning oil, they said OK it is burning oil.... BUT now it's out of warranty so we can't fix it, even though the problem DID happen under warranty and was a known issue. After an entire month of bitching and a subpoena to Nissan Corporate they finally agreed to fix it.

All the guy needs to do is start a lawsuit or threaten one... Nissan WILL just say OK we will fix it, just don't bring a case against us and make us look bad.

And thats why I hate Nissan, not necissarily the cars but all the corporate motherfuckers who think that fucking the customer is the best policy and for that FUCK YOU NISSAN. As I said, not the cars or the driver... haha this could get interesting.

SubSonic
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  s14 Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah, FUCK FORD!! wait, did I miss something?
s14
s14
Epic Fail
Epic Fail

Back to top Go down

Post  ritz Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:17 pm

FUCK FORD!
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Back to top Go down

Post  SubSonic Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:36 pm

s14 wrote:Yeah, FUCK FORD!! wait, did I miss something?

You still drive the American bastard child of Chrysler and DSM. Watch what you say man, you're driving an "American" car whether you like it or not. Even if the motor is from Missing Pieces.

On that note, FUCK FORD.

SubSonic
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  ritz Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 pm

oooooo, face.
ritz
ritz
M/T Fail

Back to top Go down

Post  s14 Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Yeah, hence why I said "FUCK FORD" not fuck american cars Cool
s14
s14
Epic Fail
Epic Fail

Back to top Go down

Post  s14 Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:09 pm